Who we are
How we use your personal data has been carefully though through. Below you can find the details regarding how we protect your privacy in our use of your personal data including:
- Your rights and our obligations with respect to your personal data.
- Transparency regarding our collection and use of your personal data.
- Our commitments regarding how we protect your personal data.
- Our commitments regarding how we will facilitate your rights and respond to your questions.
We define personal data as any information about you through which you can be identified. Including information such as:
- Personal Data: your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, or phone number;
- Device Data: the IP address (including the country, region or city in which you are based) and browser agent information
- Performance Data: how you use our sites.
Personal Data collection and use
There are a number of ways that we collect personal data on our sites. Each of these ways are mentioned in the following sub-sections along with the specific data items that we collect.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help with spam detection.
If you fill out the contact form on our website we collect your first name, last name email address, subject and a message that you send.
If you make booking for a seminar through our website we collect your name, phone number email and comment data that you submit.
We collect and store information you submit to us when making a booking, for the purpose of reserving your requested spaces at our event and maintaining a record of attendance.
We collect and store information you submit to us about events (and corresponding locations) you would like to publish on our site.
Embedded content from other websites
Teaching and Gallery posts on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Where our sites contain links to our use third party sites and/or services, those sites and services have their own privacy policies. We encourage you to visit those third party sites and read their privacy policies to find out more about their commitments to protecting your privacy.
Smush sends images to the WPMU DEV servers to optimize them for web use. This includes the transfer of EXIF data. The EXIF data will either be stripped or returned as it is. It is not stored on the WPMU DEV servers.
Personal data retention periods
If you leave a comment and and consent to our storing of your personal details, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
If you submit a contact form and consent to our storing your personal details, the data you provided including the message may be retained indefinitely. This is so that we can ensure the best communication possible with our viewers.
If you book a seminar and consent to the storing of your personal details, we may retain the booking details indefinitely. This is so that we can maintain an accurate historical record of bookings for our organizations operations.
Embedded content from other websites
All embedded content will be stored on our site as long as the reference to that content exists in either one of our pages or posts.
Your personal data rights
Feel free to contact us regarding any of the following in relation to your personal data rights by emailing the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also note that we will not charge you a fee to obtain a copy of your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights) unless your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive:
- If you have given us consent to use your personal data, you can withdraw it whenever you would like.
- You can request a copy of the personal data we hold about you. We will deal with requests for copies of your personal data within one month. Please note that if your request is not simple or frequent, it will likely take us longer to fulfill. If we foresee that it will take longer then the month we have committed to, we will let you know at our earliest convenience. Where applicable, you may also request a machine-readable copy of your personal data.
- You you can request us to delete your personal data. There may be exceptions to the right to erasure for specific legal reasons which, if applicable, we will detail for you in response to your request. Where applicable, you can object to the processing of your personal data for certain purposes.
If you want to make any of these requests, please contact email@example.com.
There may be cases where you will need to provide us with specific information to help us confirm your identity in fulfilling your requests.
Where we send your data
We will not share your personal data with other people or organisations that are not directly linked to us except under the following circumstances:
- We may share your data with other organisations that provide services on our behalf such as dealing with online payments and other forms of payment processing, i.e. credit card transactions and preventing fraud.
- Comments are checked through an automated spam detection service.
- We may reveal your personal data to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other organisation if we are required to do so to meet a legal obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of anyone else.
How we protect your data
We have put in place controls to protect your personal data against unauthorised processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction. Unfortunately, sending information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data once with us, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data sent to our site while still in transit and so you provide it at your own risk.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal data as it pertains to the site of Speaking Sword, please contact the Data Protection Officer through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complaints will be dealt with by the Data Protection Officer, and will be responded to within 30 days.
If you have a question about anything else, please see our About Us page and use the contact form at the bottom of the page.